Inviting people via email to calendar events

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this....

On a Blackberry you are able to invite people to events on your calendar. I can't seem to find a way to do this on an iPhone. Is there even a way to do this???

TIA

Reaction score
when you create a new event in Calendar (on the iPhone or Mac) there is a spot for "Invitees." You type the name from your Address Book or an email address, and it will send an *.ics file to that person that they can accept or decline.

OP
flowrider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm I must be missing something because I see nothing that has to do with "invitees"

In case it matters I'm on an iPhone4 running iOS4.1

Reaction score
I'm on a 3GS using 4.1 You open Calendar, you click the + sign in the upper right to get the "Add Event" screen. The 4th box down should be "Invitees." Click that and off you go. Same for an existing event -- just open it, click "Edit" and the same screen should appear.

Now, if it's an existing event that someone else created and sent to you (that is, you didn't create the event on your calendar), then the Invitees list just shows who the originator invited and you won't be able to add any new ones.

OP
flowrider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Something strange is happening here. Here's a screenshot of my "Add Event" screen. iOS 4.1

photo.PNG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.