How to transfer all of my files from Macbook to Macbook Pro 15inch ?

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just want to ask for help or any assistance. My hubby bought his new Macbook Pro on Sunday and today he thought of giving it to me in exchange for my Macbook :D He said he doesn't need the cool stuffs there so he might as well give it to me. Sweet eh ?

Anyhow, the problem is I want to transfer all of my files,photos,music to the new Macbook Pro but I don't own the Firewire,neither the Ethernet cable. How do I do the transferring without those stuffs ? Is it possible and if it is how long will the transferring take place ?

Also, how do I reset the new Macbook pro ? He hasn't use it yet but he put his own name and it is now written in Japanese :D
Please help. I would truly be grateful.
Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
As far as transferring all the files you can do a Time Machine backup from yours onto the new one. Or you could check out the link in my signature to do it with an external cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26ghz 4GB, iPod nano 1st & 3rd gen., iPod touch 2nd gen.
man your one lucky person!! haha mbp are awesome! but yeah just follow wat s2odin said lol that link pretty much explains everything there is to know about that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.