Cannot connect to wireless internet in bootcamp windows 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate through Bootcamp. I'm running OSX 10.6.5. I upgraded to Bootcamp 3.1, and then inserted my Snow Leopard install disc to make sure I had all of the latest drivers.

My problem is connecting to the internet via wireless router. I'm using a 500 GB Time Capsule as my router. While in Windows 7, I can see my network. I just simply cannot connect to the network. Wireless web is working flawlessly in OSX.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
You need to download the newer drivers from apple support site for wifi on windows 7.
Took me forever to figure this out.

OP
jpjones
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
You need to download the newer drivers from apple support site for wifi on windows 7.
Took me forever to figure this out.

Thanks for the response! Would you be able to link that? I'm having trouble finding it...

OP
jpjones
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone else know how to resolve this issue I'm having?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your first post says:

I upgraded to Bootcamp 3.1, and then inserted my Snow Leopard install disc to make sure I had all of the latest drivers.

You're supposed to download and install Boot Camp 3.1 after all the Snow Leopard drivers have been installed from the DVD. And you do it from within Windows 7. Did you do this?

Also, you say you can see your network but not connect. Are you using any form of encryption from the TC? If you are, turn it off temporarily and try again. And lastly, are you getting any errors from Windows when you try to connect?

OP
jpjones
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chscag,

thanks for the response - I did install BC3.1 after Snow Leopard DVD drivers. Still no luck. I'm busy tonight, but I'll try to post the error message and check TC encryption. I'll post back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.