MacOSX Snow Leopard problems

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been selling MacOSX Snow Leopard installation DVD's for a few months now. They came with some new 13.3" MacBooks. Sold like a charm, earned some pocket money and had a lot of happy customers, until one of them sent a email back to me, saying he felt scamt because it wasn't a retail version and it wasn't working for hes MacBook. I worked at +/- 10 other customers as well.
There have been said that that you actually can not install MacOSX on another MacBook if it's not a retail version.

What do you guys think about this?
p.s. Does the difference between an update and a full reinstallation make a difference?

Best Regards,
Crabapples

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Huge difference. Install discs will work only with the model the disc came with that is why he feels scammed if it was advertised wrongly.

Don't think you know what you are talking about with system discs, updates and install discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The problem is not with Snow Leopard. It's with you not knowing what you're dealing with, or just dealing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.