Adding wireless to an older Mac

Reaction score
My stepdaughter has an older Mac (2004, OS X 10.3.9; 1.25 GHz power PC G4 and 256 MB RAM). Is it possible/worth it to try to upgrade it to access our home wireless network?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Would need some additional info on the computer to know exactly what model it is. Could be a:

- Powermac G4
- iMac G4

Yes you can upgrade it with a Airport card for wireless networking...but we would need more info to know which card it needs.

- Nick

Reaction score
Would need some additional info on the computer to know exactly what model it is. Could be a:

- Powermac G4
- iMac G4

Yes you can upgrade it with a Airport card for wireless networking...but we would need more info to know which card it needs.

- Nick

I also have this issue. Mine is an iMac G4-- I gave it to my granddaughter and her mother has a wireless router set up with her PC--I was told a Belkin adapter F5D7050 version 2000 would do the trick but I am having trouble locating that specific version. comments?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.