• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple promises unforgettable iTunes announcement coming Tuesday

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For any of those that are interested, iTunes is providing full play back of their first US concert, Live at the Washington Coliseum Feb.'64. A little nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember those days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Meh.... I'll stick to my ever growing vinyl collection to listen to...

l_91da0c2c2a40fe0826107f56ee7615c4.jpg

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26ghz 4GB, iPod nano 1st & 3rd gen., iPod touch 2nd gen.
the beatles are awesome, yes if it was something big it would of been an event and yes it did talk about itunes BUT it does not hurt to dream, especially when they say that it will be a day to not forget..

im pretty sure by tomorrow i have already forgotten that the beatles are on itunes. it is a big deal,

im happy that the itunes finally got them, but the way they did it makes it seem like it would of been something a little more extravagant, which im sure its why everyone was trying to guess it...

Reaction score
For any of those that are interested, iTunes is providing full play back of their first US concert, Live at the Washington Coliseum Feb.'64. A little nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember those days.

I just watched that.

Everybody screaming. I don't see that today with any of today's artists. Too bad I was born in the early 90s, some 27 years after this concert. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well Apple did deliver on their promise. "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget..."

Yep I won't forget it because it was so utterly over sensationalized, and not even the least bit interesting to me at all. I could careless about the Beetles, Michael Jackson, Elvis or whatever dead music icons they decide to advertise on iTunes.

Thanks a lot Apple, you sure made my day. >_>"

Yes you and everyone born on or after 1970 won't care either. This is just a little wet dream Jobs has had for ages. And being CEO of the 2nd largest company in the world means he can realise it.

But you know the funny thing is, even if nobody buys these Apple won't lose any money cause it's just another thing to add to the already huge mountains of content on the itunes store. Just a drop in the ocean really. A very over hyped drop though.

Maybe jobs hates old computers but his musical tastes are still very old fashioned. Even in Australia some of the golden oldies stations stopped playing beatles stuff cause it's just way too old. Heck even ancient in some circles.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Meh.... I'll stick to my ever growing vinyl collection to listen to...

l_91da0c2c2a40fe0826107f56ee7615c4.jpg

;D

That is an Amazing collection there Juke! Dang! I am impressed!! I have a lot of CD's but not that many leave alone LP's. I probably have 150-200 LP's. Yes I am still somewhat old School! :D

And I can not believe this thread is still going on. Apple never promised new hardware or anything like that.

And do remember, a LOT of people do like the Beatles. I know many under 20 who do in fact. and even more 20-35. I am not a large fan, but many are. I am glad Jobs got his wish and I am sure many other people are happy also.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I just watched that.

Everybody screaming. I don't see that today with any of today's artists. Too bad I was born in the early 90s, some 27 years after this concert. :D

I thought that part of it was a drag. I hated the Beatles for years because of that mania. We had a game we played during recess where the girls let us chase them and kiss them when we caught them. The Beatles spelled the end of our game. The girls all had the music mag of the day with the lyrics. They just wanted to stand around and sing Beatles songs and didn't want to play anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
We had a game we played during recess where the girls let us chase them and kiss them when we caught them. The Beatles spelled the end of our game. The girls all had the music mag of the day with the lyrics. They just wanted to stand around and sing Beatles songs and didn't want to play anymore.

:D Thanks for that Bob ole' Mate ... That really has just made my day .... I dont go quite that far back, but i do remember Kiss Chasey and i just LOL'ed so much over this post ....

THanks for making my day :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
A blog doesn't count as proof. I could write one saying the exact opposite, put up some "evidence" and all would be well. ;)

Yes, I have heard that claim before but if we're going to use Internet sites as proof, there are at least ten bands that someone has claimed are rip offs of Zep (see here). And let's not forget that The Beatles were sued for stealing music from Chuck Berry. ;) Let's just remember that there is a fine line between stealing and inspiration/homage.

Yeah... no. You can actually listen to each of the songs by said original artist and hear for yourself. The blog, as many others do, only serve to document the fallacy that is Led Zeppelin. You can find those songs quite easily, but I'm not going to download and send them to you, obviously. So you can continue to live in denial, but you'd still be wrong. ;)

And as a musician myself, I do understand the importance which inspiration and sometimes even mimicry even plays where song writing is concerned, but this isn't about mimicking or borrowing a melody and re-vamping it. This is blatant plagiarism. Word for word, note for note. HUGE difference. Zep was able to sell it because no one cared about the obscure folk and blues musicians who wrote said songs, and because let's face it... it was a white bread industry back then, and those white boys were able to rock it and market it on stage as well.

Were a Led Zeppelin try to emerge today, they'd fail miserably.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Good game, good game, said Brucie!

Not too much of a big deal as I lived through and LOVED the time of the Beatles and as I was in The R.A.F. at the time I wasn't allowed to sport the hair style though! Domage! I wasn't Sgt Pepper for nowt you know!

Never mind the hype, it is sure to give Apple a few more sheckels to get the bosses a couple of more bottles of wine. If they come down this way I can point them in the direction of a few that will please them without sending to the Irish problem?

After all "All you need is love". (thinks! I could write a song about that?) everybody!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Not to drag this out to much, but, if you were to put Led Zepp in that light, well then you'd have to put Eric Clapten, and many others there too.

Be it not for Led Zeppelin, many of the bands that exist today wouldn't.
Another way to look at it is all the record sales for the blues artists the Zeppelin's so called plagiarism has promoted.
Zeppelin brought a lot of old school blues to the mainstream with their rock blues interpretation.
I would have been, and still would be over the moon if anyone ripped off any of my songs, improved or tweaked them, and gave it to the public to enjoy. It is in my opinion one of the greatest compliments.

As you can tell, I am a big Zeppelin fan, and thanks to them, my blues record collection is not only a great collection, but my style of playing is very versatile.
I have been lucky enough to play with many different musicians in many different genres, largely to the influence on my musical tastes that Zeppelin had on me growing up.....

Now meanwhile, back to Beatles.
Well, plagiarism Vs less than complimentary imitations of music by artists such as Chuck Berry.

Zeppelin settled (admitting being wrong in not giving the credit initially due the original artists), but Beatles, among all their brilliant works, really did have quite a few shockers :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 2013 15" i7 2.7 16GB 500f /24" Cinema Disp /iP 4S /Mag.Mouse&Trackp/ aTV2 / ModBookC2D
iTunes is going to offer live streaming music like Spotify

Some of you guys may know very popular music streaming service in Europe .. Spotify.

All the signs in the sky shows that this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is going to be a service with a similar functionality.

Currently in Spotify for free you can listen up to 20hs/month every music available in the service (millions of tracks). You can search by phrase artist song name ....

for £4.99 you can listen it without any limitation online
for £10 you can listen it online and off line .. on every computer you have .. iphones and androids phones also.

for the most expensive option you have all the premieres music available the same day as on the normal market ..or even earlier.

I am using this service every day on my mac and iPhone .. and is awesome.

dont need to pay for albums ..or real cds .. I have my music everywhere.

Apple has had a big fight with Spotify for the music market in the USA and for music companies.

If this service is going to have similar functionality for a bit less .. I am in.
And hopefully iTunes streaming service will have even bigger library of music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All the signs in the sky shows that this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is going to be a service with a similar functionality.

Currently in Spotify for free you can listen up to 20hs/month every music available in the service (millions of tracks). You can search by phrase artist song name ....

Ummm sorry but are you all there ?? lol

This whole thread has said and now we know its the Beatles .... That is on iTunes now .....
So the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT has come and gone .... Maybe read the whole thread before you post ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Zeppelin settled (admitting being wrong in not giving the credit initially due the original artists), but Beatles, among all their brilliant works, really did have quite a few shockers :D

Agreed.

"Hey Jude Na Na Na Na
Hey Jude Na Na Na Na"

"We all live in yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
We all live in yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine."

And most of the beatles songs are the same. Original words and the same few words repeated over and over in each of their songs. The are just 2 examples of many. To me any ol' person can repeat the same few words over and over to a bit of music. No genius there. In short their song writing stunk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Agreed.

"Hey Jude Na Na Na Na
Hey Jude Na Na Na Na"

"We all live in yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
We all live in yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine."

And most of the beatles songs are the same. Original words and the same few words repeated over and over in each of their songs. The are just 2 examples of many. To me any ol' person can repeat the same few words over and over to a bit of music. No genius there. In short their song writing stunk.

I take it you really don't admire their works but they did a lot of songs that
were not the same The White Album,Abbey Road and Revolver. I also like Zeppelin and they were just as quilty in a few songs but that's the nature of
Rock and Roll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26ghz 4GB, iPod nano 1st & 3rd gen., iPod touch 2nd gen.
just watched an apple commercial with the beatles on it... talking about how their on itunes now... seriously apple??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just watched an apple commercial with the beatles on it... talking about how their on itunes now... seriously apple??

No. It's Steve Job's wet dream. Not everyone from Apple would agree. I'm sure if someone spoke up and said how dumb all of this is, Steve would probably go "My company, my idea end of story. If you don't like it, walk out the door and don't cone back."

We all know Jobs is one of those people, a tyrant usually but can see a good idea by someone else it if comes his way. But for the beatles thing, even if a vision from God told him it was a bad idea, he'd still run with it. But to Job's credit this promotion is doing itunes a good service. A lot of people are buying the beatles tracks on itunes. And there's a lot of itunes talk now cause of the issue. Even if it's bad talk, it's better then the no talk that the competition is getting now.

And even if you think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion, which it is, it shows one thing. Apple is willing and capable to get the big and important titles/artists/record and movie companies onside for the best content. And in a world where almost anyone can deliver digital content, it's nice to know Apple can get the content people care about.

Everyone born after 1970 is like pffff how pointless, seriously what a waste of time. But for those older folk who are fans but have not had access to all this material, now have that chance. A lot of them are either retired or in high paying jobs and can afford the content. And most of then are not audiophiles. All the audiophile fans already have the perfectly remastered versions of the tracks anyways.

My point is for many of those older folk this is the gold mine they have been waiting for. And the itunes top tracks are proof. They have waited 30+ years to get this stuff. And now like giddy school children they can relive their teenage years thanks to Apple.

So yeah I'm really glad Apple have the beatles. I think the beatles are the worst band to have ever existed on this earth. But many millions love their music still. And more sales for Apple is always good. Apple could have just marketed it on a more shall we say sensible manor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.