• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple promises unforgettable iTunes announcement coming Tuesday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I think SJ got a bit overexcited.
That's what I'm thinking too. As someone else mentioned Apple has been trying to get the Beatles on iTunes for awhile now so I think the excitement is coming more from Apple (Steve Jobs) and Beatles fans.

I wasn't expecting much but I do think Apple hyped this up more than it should have been. Even though this wasn't a special event with good press coverage, using the words unforgettable wasn't exactly the best choice of words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
90 second previews was far more exciting than the Beatles and that didn't get homepage real estate....just saying. This was like the boy who cried wolf. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
WOO- Bloody - HOO

OMG i dont believe it. Who is going to remember where they where the day The Beatles came to iTunes ..... Cant believe i woke up for this lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It is interesting to see how conditioned people have become to Apple announcing an announcement. (Announcing an announcement?) Only elections and celebrity DUI's generate more hype.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just checkin'. ;D

Only in the mind of one whom doesn't know that some of Zeppelin's biggest hits are a DIRECT/BLATANT rip off of someone else's music. Don't believe me? The proof is out there. They even had to pay settlements to one of the artists they ripped off. I'll give em this: They performed the music they stole better than the original artists. Heck, they even stole from that cheesy 80's band Spirit !

blogovich: Led Zeppelin as rip-off artists

Zeppelin. MEH. Just throwin THAT out there. ;)

Doug
A blog doesn't count as proof. I could write one saying the exact opposite, put up some "evidence" and all would be well. ;)

Yes, I have heard that claim before but if we're going to use Internet sites as proof, there are at least ten bands that someone has claimed are rip offs of Zep (see here). And let's not forget that The Beatles were sued for stealing music from Chuck Berry. ;) Let's just remember that there is a fine line between stealing and inspiration/homage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What has made me laugh is they didnt advertise it on the Aussie Apple page .... Is that because they dont think us worthy enough to know ?? If the had it in UK, USA, Japan why not Australia. I THOUGHT this was a world wide thing ???

OR am i just cussing bc it felt we were left out ?? lol

Well just looked at it and i know im going to have to buy the box set $259 for the old girl ..... The vinyl is getting on on years :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
So Apple's announcement today is basically that you can now download a few more songs from iTunes? That's unthinkable. Whoever thought we'd be able to download songs from iTunes? I can't believe they even put this on their homepage. I know it's The Beatles, but in the end they really did just add a few more songs to a song downloading application. I didn't check, but I would bet they didn't have anything on there for the 10.6.5 update and that was better than what this is. Very disappointed. :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I'll always remember this day.

I will also remember this day, because today I realised that I am actually old enough to remember The Beatles -_-

Cheer up guys, The Beatles on iTunes isn't that bad ....( for Apple )

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What has made me laugh is they didnt advertise it on the Aussie Apple page .... Is that because they dont think us worthy enough to know ?? If the had it in UK, USA, Japan why not Australia. I THOUGHT this was a world wide thing ???
If I go to the Aussie page, it's there. You too can bask in the glory of something irrelevant!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I go to the Aussie page, it's there. You too can bask in the glory of something irrelevant!

LOL im bad You are right van. I have  site bookmarked BUT i had it bookmarked to the store :( I should have coffee before i try to make stupid statements like this ..... Sorry peoples

Whip me, beat me call me trash :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
WOO- Bloody - HOO

OMG i dont believe it. Who is going to remember where they where the day The Beatles came to iTunes ..... Cant believe i woke up for this lol

Agreed and lmao. 'nuff said...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Was thinking about this on the train and I wonder how much was apple and how much was the beatles demanding they made a big thing of it.

McCartney can be very egotistical so I wouldn't rule out him demanding that apple went overboard on the hype on this.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well Apple did deliver on their promise. "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget..."

Yep I won't forget it because it was so utterly over sensationalized, and not even the least bit interesting to me at all. I could careless about the Beetles, Michael Jackson, Elvis or whatever dead music icons they decide to advertise on iTunes.

Thanks a lot Apple, you sure made my day. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
If you noticed, the prices are on par (and for the double-discs, more expensive) with the physical CDs, which come with mini-documentaries and booklets and stuff.

Glad I wasn't one of those anti-CD folk who's been waiting for this. I think I got the better deal by buying my sets on 9/9/09.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
You suck Apple. But I guess there was no other way to get a bunch of people to pay attention to something that no one cares about

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
... that cheesy 80's band Spirit !

60's & 70's - the band was dead by the 80's.

And I love that band.

Mechanical World - '68
12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus - '70

There are 2 of my top couple of thousand albums. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Led Zeppelin > The Beatles (just throwing that out there). Having Zep in the iTMS is much more important to me. I say this as a way of demonstrating what many people are thinking - they'd much rather ensure that the music of one particular band is available over having access to The Beatles catalog.

+1000. ;) Couldn't agree more.

Perhaps but older bands tend to have quite the following with young people and this may be exciting for quite a few "youngins". I'm a huge Zep fan for instance.

60's & 70's - the band was dead by the 80's.

And I love that band.

Mechanical World - '68
12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus - '70

There are 2 of my top couple of thousand albums. ;D
I have the 12 Dreams and my favorite was Nature's Way. Lot of good songs
from that era where artists had concerns about quality rather than album filler.

Reaction score
What a disappointment, i would've been excited over old clippings of the past iPod commercials than this. I can't imagine a Beatles fan not having their favorite songs already, if you're a fan you would already have had their music or would've found a way to obtain it. My cousin has their songs and she's 7, who honestly doesn't have this already - this is absolutely ridiculous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.