lost hard drive on windows

Reaction score
My friend has a windows desk top pc. I dont have many details yet but i think it is vista. She turned it on the other day and found it went to the start up where it checks the hard drive before booting into windows. When it finished loading up she found all her files had gone, she is an illustrator so this is quite a problem as she has no back up. She said her hard drive said a lot of space was being used but none of her files, music, pictures etc can be found on there. To me it sounds as if they are still on the hard drive but cannot be seen in windows?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? i know my infomation is very vague, i will try to find out more tomorrow.

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
My friend has a windows desk top pc. I dont have many details yet but i think it is vista. She turned it on the other day and found it went to the start up where it checks the hard drive before booting into windows. When it finished loading up she found all her files had gone, she is an illustrator so this is quite a problem as she has no back up. She said her hard drive said a lot of space was being used but none of her files, music, pictures etc can be found on there. To me it sounds as if they are still on the hard drive but cannot be seen in windows?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? i know my infomation is very vague, i will try to find out more tomorrow.

Thanks for any help

Please look into other user folder, like the admin folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.