• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

The best video editing program for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi guys

Can you tell me what's the best video editing program for Mac?

Except iMovie of course which is great btw.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
That's really an opinion question but Final Cut Studio is apple's top of the line editing suite. Final Cut Express Is a stripped-down version that costs only $200 and is still a very powerful editing application. It really depends on what kind of editing you're doing when choosing an editing app.

C

chas_m

"Best" is very subjective and doesn't mean much until we understand the context of what you're looking to do. Beyond what iMovie can do, what are you seeking to accomplish?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Another for FCP. I love it so much, I got an Apple certification for it so I can teach it at local public access stations and training centers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.93Ghz i7
I'm a user of Adobe's products so my vote is for Premiere Pro CS5 for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I'm another for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - I've used both Apple standard and the Adobe suite and found the Adobe CS suites to be easier to use in general. Both Final Cut and Premiere Pro are great NLE programmes however. Download the trials of each and find which one you are most comfortable with.

Reaction score
i did the trial of adobe final cut and it's great although complicated for fine tuning adjustements of video footage, like fixing a shakey camera, etc, but for putting the clips together and arranging audio, i like imovie for that part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.