Application Sound Mixer/volume control?

zia

Reaction score
Hi-

Just made the switch for the new 27" imac, and it is AMAZING, but I find I'm missing the sound mixer from windows the most. Problem is some applications are much quieter than others (i.e. I'll watch a video in safari, then switch to bridge and an error message will blast me). In windows there's a sound board thing that you can adjust the volume of individual programs....anything like that exist for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I believe the soundboard thingy you are talking about is the volume control with controls for wav vs master etc. It doesn't really work that way for Mac. (And really I think you are talking about alert sounds and the wav control anyway - if I'm wrong please correct me. Each individual application has a volume control so when watching a video in safari - there should be a volume control there - so you don't really have to change the main volume. Same with stuff like itunes.

Anyway - if you go to  -> System Preferences -> Sound -> Sound Effects you can turn down the volume of alerts so you don't get blasted. Is there any other application that is too loud for a given master volume on your Mac?

OP
Z

zia

Reaction score
Thanks

Hey thanks for the help....guess I'll just have to spend a little time tweaking different apps until they all are about the same volume. Sounds effects tab is key

Reaction score
volume mixer for macbook pro

i believe the soundboard thingy you are talking about is the volume control with controls for wav vs master etc. It doesn't really work that way for mac. (and really i think you are talking about alert sounds and the wav control anyway - if i'm wrong please correct me. Each individual application has a volume control so when watching a video in safari - there should be a volume control there - so you don't really have to change the main volume. Same with stuff like itunes.

Anyway - if you go to  -> system preferences -> sound -> sound effects you can turn down the volume of alerts so you don't get blasted. Is there any other application that is too loud for a given master volume on your mac?

what if im capturing an hour TAPE OF A WEDDING dance with final cut pro x, and i want to listen to a youtube video? … how do i mute final cut to listen to youtube videos? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.