Mail Problems

R

RangerMoose

Okay, as my first post, I would like to ask a couple questions about the Mail application. Okay, I have a .Mac account, and I have always been able to send and recieve mail on the .Mac website. But when it comes to using the Mail application (1.3.11), it hasn't always worked very well. I have never been able to send Mail with it, but I have always been able to recieve it, until today. As of today I can't send or recieve mail using the Mail application. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
RangerMoose said:
Okay, as my first post, I would like to ask a couple questions about the Mail application. Okay, I have a .Mac account, and I have always been able to send and recieve mail on the .Mac website. But when it comes to using the Mail application (1.3.11), it hasn't always worked very well. I have never been able to send Mail with it, but I have always been able to recieve it, until today. As of today I can't send or recieve mail using the Mail application. Any suggestions?
Check yoiur mail pref/accounts make sure everything is in order

mail.jpg

OP
R

RangerMoose

I don't see anything wrong there, incoming mail is set to "mail.mac.com", and outgoing is set to "smtp.mac.com".

Reaction score
thats the way it should be, how about in advanced window is it checked to enable account?

mail.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
get thundercat or what ever by mozilla its great

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.