I need to know what mac to buy.... advice?

Reaction score
Hi, I am completely new to macs and I'm looking to get a new apple desktop. I will use it for many things.... mainly graphics like adobe creative suite, cinema 4d, and final cut studio. I was also hoping to to do some developing in iPhone SDK (not a necessity) What I wanted to know is, is the computer an iMac? I am on a budget the cheapest iMac is the maximum I can spend really. Is this capable to run these particular applications? The other options I do have is to get a high end pc, a cheaper second hand iMac or at a real push a second hand mac pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would go for a new mac

Even the entry level iMac is a truly great machine.

My only advice is to NEVER buy extra RAM from apple (buy it yourself), and check out the Apple refurb store (Google it)_

You could save yourself a couple of hundred dollars and still have a Mac with a full warranty. THey have a rock solid reputation and are the best if you are on a budget

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.