How much do you guys think...

Reaction score
I could get for my IBook on ebay? 12" 1.2Ghz 30GB HD filled with tons of great applications...Tiger 10.4...256mb ram...(I would take my 512 stick out)

The reason I ask is because...well...the student union discount...You get 50$ off of a new 12" Ibook AND a free mini IPOD...I was thinking buying a new 12" laptop off of there, getting the IPOD...reselling the IPOD on ebay...and selling my old laptop...maybe even turn up a little profit and a free upgrade...what do you guys think?

Reaction score
You can get that iBook from Apple as a Certified Refurb for $850, so I would guess about $750-$800. Just put in on Ebay, you could end up getting more than $850 for it because computers on Ebay always seems to sell for more than they are worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
smeshy123 said:
I could get for my IBook on ebay? 12" 1.2Ghz 30GB HD filled with tons of great applications...Tiger 10.4...256mb ram...(I would take my 512 stick out)

The reason I ask is because...well...the student union discount...You get 50$ off of a new 12" Ibook AND a free mini IPOD...I was thinking buying a new 12" laptop off of there, getting the IPOD...reselling the IPOD on ebay...and selling my old laptop...maybe even turn up a little profit and a free upgrade...what do you guys think?

That seems like an awful lot of work for a 130 Mhz processor upgrade...which is about the extent of the upgrade. More RAM, but you already had 768 MB, so the 1 GB you would have if you did so would be about as noticeable as the the minor processor upgrade. Plus, after you spend more money on a new iBook, and sell the iPod mini and the old iBook, you aren't going to see a huge profit. Not when you factor in the eBay listing costs, shipping, etc.
Seems like a waste of time and money, at least to me. :black:

OP
S
Reaction score
Well...Bluetooth is built in...and I would buy with a HardDrive upgraded to 60 or 100GB...right now I have 500 megs left on my HD, and am constantly trying to figure out ways to open up space because I keep running out...which is my biggest problem...so the time and effort would get me a HD I didn't have to worry about...even if it cost a little more...and all those other little upgrades.

T

Tel

Worth it mainly for the hard drive space, also for the iPod. If it means that you don't have to spend much, or if indeed you can profit financially then I would defiantly do it.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea...oh...and also I have a 30$ coupon from Apple to use as well...so thats another $30 in savings...anyone know how much ebay charges to sell something in thier store?

Also...is there any way of transporting all of my **** off of this laptop onto a new one easly? To make everything on a new laptop identical from the old? In terms of settings and such?

Thanks!

SMesh

M

Mac N00b

You could try using a network. I have never done it on a Mac but I do it all the time on PCs without a hitch. I have also heard good things about a firewire transfer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.