Wireless Modem?

V

vonedaddy

I dont know if this is the correct forum for this question, I hope it is. I have a LGvx8000 cell phone and it works great for a wireless modem on my windows xp machine. I wanted to hook it up to my iBOOK so I can use it on the road. I can get the mac to communicate with the phone but can not make it dial out. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone done something similar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
vonedaddy said:
Actually I have seen that before BUT, it seems like it is for motorola phones only and it speaks about jaguar. I tried following the directions and it did not work. I was hoping one of you mac experts could help me.
There's a link on that page to a Yahoo Group (maccellphone) with people who should be able to help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
this is really simple. i have just did it. you plug the phone in, and go into system preferences. a window will pop up saying that has detected your phone. you select yes. then you go to internet connect and select that option. heres what you put for all the fields.

tel #: #777
account name: (your 10-digit #)@vzw3g.com
password: vzw

thats it

Reaction score
macman88 said:
this is really simple. i have just did it. you plug the phone in, and go into system preferences. a window will pop up saying that has detected your phone. you select yes. then you go to internet connect and select that option. heres what you put for all the fields.

tel #: #777
account name: (your 10-digit #)@vzw3g.com
password: vzw

thats it

If that option isn't grayed out.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.