MP3 to AAC

Reaction score
All - I'm looking to batch convert my mp3s to AAC - anyone know any good software that will be able to handle c.40,000 tracks?

Would use itunes but it's pretty gash and slow

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You can use Max to do this.
Once downloaded go into Max>Preferences>Formats and add the ACC format to the "Configured Output Formats"
There are some other settings in the preferences like how many it songs it processes at the same time, so go through them and configure it to your liking.
Max from sbooth.org

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
+1 for Max, but, it won't be any quicker than iTunes in my experience, but it may do a slightly better job.
Curious as to why you are doing this though. You are transcoding, and will lose quality.
If you need smaller files, compress the MP3 down slightly.

C

chas_m

The best thing to do would be to re-rip the original CDs as AAC rather than transcode.

But FWIW, AudialHub (if you can find it) can do that job for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.