Should i buy Apple Care now or later?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15' i7; Iphone4 32gig; Ipod Tough 3rd Geeration 32gig;
Hey guys i baught my Macbook Pro 15inch i7 about 1 1/2 months ago. and i love it!!

anyways i was wondering if i should by the Apple Care now or lets say later when my one year warranty expires? I could by it now, but i will have to make some sacrifices...but if i buy right before my one year warranty expires will be better.

does the original one year warranty cover the same thing the apple care covers? thats what i basically want to know...

thanxz! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The one year warranty covers everything that extended Applecare does except for tech phone support.
12 month warranty gives you 3 months phone support
3 yr AppleCare gives you 3yrs phone support.

So, as long as you don't forget to get the extended coverage before the 12months is up, and you don't need the phone support, you are good to go :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15' i7; Iphone4 32gig; Ipod Tough 3rd Geeration 32gig;
The one year warranty covers everything that extended Applecare does except for tech phone support.
12 month warranty gives you 3 months phone support
3 yr AppleCare gives you 3yrs phone support.

So, as long as you don't forget to get the extended coverage before the 12months is up, and you don't need the phone support, you are good to go :)

Thank YOu! I got it now! imma get it in a few months!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My answer when it comes to this eternal decision is, you have 1 year from date-of-purchase to add AppleCare. Buy it within that year when you can safely afford it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
So does that mean that if I buy applecare 364 days after the purchase of my mac the "three year applecare protection plan" starts then? meaning I "realistically" have FOUR years of coverage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Nope.... it gives you 2 yrs extended coverage.
The AppleCare gives you 3yrs inclusive of the one year coverage, but alters the 3month phone tech support to 3 yrs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.