• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's Ur Thoughts On Black Ops

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1067MHz DDR3
I just got it and I played Campaign a little but I started on Multiplayer and can't stop. I think the scorpion smg and the famas assault are the best guns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Its just a Game ....... Must be the age of me coming out. Im still happy to play *Worms* and still get a giggle out of it, but that is just me ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I like it a lot. Same type of gameplay as world at war. Different makers from MWII so takes a little bit to get use too. I like the wager matches a lot actually. Gun game is awesome. I think it's crazy some guys prestiged in the first day. I'm on a 1 star general right now. Do you play on PS3 or XBOX? I'll PM u my gamertage for PS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Its just a Game ....... Must be the age of me coming out. Im still happy to play *Worms* and still get a giggle out of it, but that is just me ;)

I'm with you on this one mate :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It just got delivered today from newegg. I can't stop playing multiplayer...especially 1vs.all. The famas is pretty good, but the last a.r. you get is the best imo. I also like the mac...fun little thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Being developed by Treyarch, I'm not hoping for much, after what they did to CoD 3 and 5...

However, I did watch many trailers and it DOES look good, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it.

Reaction score
CoD modern warfare was the best, every other addition got progressively worse. I haven't checked out black ops yet, but will soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi
I think the campaign mode is the best by far. It is very long and packed with cool features. As for online, I think MW2 was better. Maybe it will just take some more getting used to.

- Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
CoD modern warfare was the best, every other addition got progressively worse. I haven't checked out black ops yet, but will soon

Thank you.

The original CoD was made for PC only (no console) by Activision back in the day. Then CoD2 came to consoles, then CoD2: Big Red One was made by Treyarch. They did a terrible job. Then Treyarch made CoD 3 and it was garbage. Then Modern Warfare came out and revolutionized the series. I did MLG for CoD4 on Xbox 360 and it was the most competitive game in the series. Then Treyarch made WAW but it went back to WW2.... ***? MW 2 was garbage, and I don't expect anything from Black Ops.

Not buying it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Meh, I'd rather go out and fire real weapons than pretend to do so on a computer. The graphics seem nice though. Any game that features a .32 caliber Scorpion, and a French bullpup jamo-o-matic that blinds you with your own burnt powder as some of the "best guns" is not very realistic IMHO. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I think the campaign mode is the best by far. It is very long and packed with cool features. As for online, I think MW2 was better. Maybe it will just take some more getting used to.

- Mike

Campaign mode being better is a positive in my opinion. I like the online play but usually end up getting killed instantly by children who spend their lives playing online.

Played a bit of campaign and am really enjoying it. I also recently got

Battlefield BC 2 Ultimate Edition and Medal of Honor

But am wondering if I need all three games.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that! :) Worms - ah well, I hope it's not my age that's catching up with me because I'm a wormy also. Now, where did I put that "Pong" game? :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm up to level 40 or 41 and trying to unlock pro perks.

My favorite class by far is dual wield with Scorpians, LAW lunacher, tomahawk, flash bangs, claymore, lightweight, steady aim, and marathon.

Let you flash bang corners as you're running and then popping around and killing whoever happens to be standing there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
LOL Ahhh memories Charlie ..... A lot of folk will freak out at this image thinking something is wrong with there machine hahaha
Just for you ;P

20101115-k5cg3mctsds927hqyqtt8ncpd.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Kinda want to play, but I'm on the fence. Gameplay looks neat, as do the trailers. Not really feeling the cold war setting, though.

I still haven't gotten to play modern warfare 2, since I've been doing so much schooling and what-not. Should be getting that and Halo: Reach for xmas, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Activision milking the yearly cash cow..
seriously though, whats with all the Russia hate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I've played all of the call of duty games made, Black Ops quickly turned out to be my favorite all around game. Seems like the only people who show the most hate on this game are the ones who don't play it, or are not into these kind of games...or little kids who are in love with Halo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I haven't played it, yet.. I'm basic my opinion on Treyarch's crappy work, and my experience in playing them, that's all. :)

Reaction score
After giving it a good thorough play, these are the goods and bads in the game as I see them.

Pros:
  • Almost impossible to quickscope
  • Less hacking and glitching
  • If you bring a knife to a gun battle, you will lose
  • Treyarch actually admits that they're human and are fixing early mistakes
  • Guns are more balanced
  • Less of a twitch shooter than MW2
  • Game focuses more on teamwork and rewards camping less
  • CoD points was genius
  • Some of the weapons are just plain fun to use (the crossbow and the ballistic knife)
  • Wager matches are beyond addictive

Cons:
  • Spawn system still needs a lot of work
  • Framerate takes a dip whenever a Napalm Strike lands near you
  • RC-XD is overpowered for 3 kills
  • Sniper Rifles are now useless
  • Nuketown. That is all.
  • Some game modes still need some work
  • The starter guns aren't balanced with the rest of the weapons
  • Also, looking at the gun stats, it seems that they centered the damage stats around stopping power, took out stopping power and didn't change the damage ratings.

I like, though. I'd give it an 8/10.

Reaction score
Not worth buying IMO. My buddy bought it for 360 and I was playing it the other day. I found it to be pretty much the same game, sure a few new maps and a few different things. But it didnt really sell me on the game. Im not about to go out and buy it for my Ps3. I just see no purpose. I have never bought a call of duty game. Its not that I dont enjoy the FPS, cause I do, really enjoy the Killzone series, but COD just doesnt do it for me. Especially the fact that they just keep releasing newer and newer ones with minimal difference.

Also, major **** off with the game, that you think they would have fixed by now, are the spawning points. How you spawn in a corner and there happens to be an enemy right behind you. Why make a spawn point where your just gonna die.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.