Dock & Folders

Reaction score
Hi, Ive searched the web and cant seem to find anything about this, im wanting to put a folder in my dock that is before the separator/dotted line. Were i can only put my applications, is there any apps or terminal commands that can enable this, or is it not possible.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hi,
Unfortunately there is no way you can put folders before that separator line.
Apple hard coded it so that applications are limited to the left and files and folders to the right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... im wanting to put a folder in my dock that is before the separator/dotted line.

Why? I guess the best you can do is position it as the first one to the right.

P.S. Once a folder is dragged to the Dock, it's called a Stack. I guess that's just to differentiate it from a Folder. They behave differently, so they needed different names. Confusingly, there is a Display as Folder option. Might have been better named as Display Icon as Folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.