window resizing not staying there

Reaction score
HI

Just got a imac last week, running 10.5.8
What I miss is the resize window to full screen like Windows has

Is there anyway to get the os x to remember to keep the window open as i left it. as it keeps going back to small size and its really doing my head in

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I really hate having an application or Finder window take up my whole screen. But, one thing I don't like about OSX is that the option of opening a new folder in the same Finder window means that the newly opened folder takes on the window size of the previous folder, not the size it was when I closed it. That could be part of your problem. Windows should stay the same size they were when closed, if opened from the folder's icon as a new window. Maybe you could be more specific about the exact scenario that's giving you headaches.

OP
F
Reaction score
Turns out As I was about to post in reply to what you ask, I just found out how to do it LOL
when you open a folder and click on the button on the top righthand side it removes the device info etc, but it keeps the window to the size you set it at. even after you close it and reopen it.

Thanks anyway...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.