Upgrade to iWeb '09

Reaction score
Hello,
How can I upgrade from iWeb '08 to iWeb '09? The '08 version came when I updated to OS X 10.5.8 and I thought this update included iWeb/iLife '09. If so, it hasn't reached me. Grateful for your help.

Reaction score
You will have to actually purchase this. It's not a software download:

iWork - Apple Store (U.S.)

It's $79 and will give you everything you are looking for. The requirements for it is 10.5.6 or more with at least 1 GB. If you have a Macbook with only 1GB I would suggest purchasing another GB of memory, to make your computer faster.

Good luck!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You will have to actually purchase this. It's not a software download:

iWork - Apple Store (U.S.)

It's $79 and will give you everything you are looking for. The requirements for it is 10.5.6 or more with at least 1 GB. If you have a Macbook with only 1GB I would suggest purchasing another GB of memory, to make your computer faster.

Good luck!

Madalena will need more than luck if purchasing iWork and expecting to get any version of iWeb.

iWork has nothing to do with iWeb.

iWeb is a part of the iLife package, not the iWork package.

If you do not plan to upgrade to Snow Leopard, then you'll need to look for 3rd party sellers (Amazon maybe) that still have the iLife '09 package sitting on their shelves.

For $78 you can upgrade to Snow Leopard and the newer iLife '11 - assuming you have an Intel Mac and not a PPC.
Note: iLife '11 requires Snow Leopard, 10.6.

OP
M
Reaction score
Upgrade to iWeb ‘09

Thanks, bobtomay. I did wonder why a search for iWorks gave no results for iWeb.....
Madalena

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.