Which macbook? Refurb or new?

Reaction score
Macbook Refurb store (US). Looking to buy a refurb'd mac from there. Could anyone vouch for these machines you bought from refurb store? are they still working good, did you buy applecare just in case, has it broke down? I'm looking at getting the last year models (9400M, 9600GT 512MB). I want a good macbook that will last a few years and wont need upgrades. I'm looking at these two:

- "Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
17-inch high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
4GB memory
500GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ExpressCard/34 slot
Built-in 8-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
Illuminated keyboard"

- "Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
4GB memory
500GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
SD Card Slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
Illuminated keyboard "

Student and business use. Used for school assignments/projects, as well as updating a website weekly, some games to relax. I got an incase backpack :Evil:. They are same price in refurb about $1800. Would 2 inches really bother you in portability?

I'm buying in Oregon so no tax. Should I go for one of these refurbs or the fresh iCore proccessors.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Get the refurb...no problems.

If you need more convincing...search the site...this is a popular topic.

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The 17" is heavy and very clunky to carry around. If I ever owned one it would stay at home as a desktop replacement.

The 15" is probably the best of both worlds. The screen isn't too small and it's light enough to carry around. If you need more screen space you can always hook it up to an external monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
nomnomnom? I guessing hungry, or eating while joining Mac Forums :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Just to add my 2 cents,
The 17" MBP is a bit to big in my opinion for school and day to day carrying. I would get the 15" which is not to small and not to large to carry around all the time, then if I really thought that I need a larger screen for gaming .etc I would go and buy a 20" monitor to use when I'm at home.

Reaction score
The 17" is heavy and very clunky to carry around. If I ever owned one it would stay at home as a desktop replacement.

The 15" is probably the best of both worlds. The screen isn't too small and it's light enough to carry around. If you need more screen space you can always hook it up to an external monitor.

I agree 17 is too big for traveling purpose, well I prefer the 13 just the right size for me to carry wherever I go without a hassle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.