Anyway to....

F

Fomer

Change the name of my account? If not then on ichat is there anyway to make it show my aim sn instead of real name... its kina weird having my name up there instead sn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Fomer said:
Change the name of my account? If not then on ichat is there anyway to make it show my aim sn instead of real name... its kina weird having my name up there instead sn.

Change the name of your account on M-F or for AIM(iChat)???

Either way, with iChat, it only shows you your name, to everyone else, it's just your screen name.

Either way, I suggest just gettin AOL Instant Messenger http://www.aim.com

sKaD

OP
F

Fomer

Yeah I knew they saw my sn, I just wanted to see it myself. I wasn't to happy with aim's mac port. I am going to give a messenger like fire or something a shot

OP
H

hokiethang

Fomer said:
Yeah I knew they saw my sn, I just wanted to see it myself. I wasn't to happy with aim's mac port. I am going to give a messenger like fire or something a shot

You should be able to click on the name and it will switch to your screen name. I would also like to suggest adium. I dont like using a mouse/trackpad and adium has everything in one tabbed window. I like it, and its another option for use instead of ichat. ichat needs some updates before I will switch back to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
you can! since ichat uses Address Book for contacts, it uses Address Book for your contact. Just select yourself in the Address Book (should default to "Me") and change the name to whatever you want. Or you can make a seperate contact for your screen name, and right click it (control click) and say "Set as Me")

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.