Mouse problems (double clicks, can't drag)

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been having this problem for a while now, and its becoming quite irritating. The first problem is that when I do a single click, it acts as a double click. The second main problem is when I try to click and drag, either it will A) see the click, but wont drag,(icon just sits there highlighted) B) I will click on one icon, start to drag it, and it will select everything in its way. C) I will click on the icon, start to drag and it will just randomly lose the drag and drop the icon.

I'm currently using a logitech performance mx mouse, moving the mouse between computers (windows and linux) I don't have any problems. I also used the Logitech software, but recently uninstalled it and installed USB overdrive, and the issue is still continuing.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
hey i know you posted this a long time ago, but i seem to be having the same issue... did you ever figure out what was going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
hey i know you posted this a long time ago, but i seem to be having the same issue... did you ever figure out what was going on?

Hello & welcome to the forum! :) As you note that post is 3 years old and your issue may not receive the attention needed. I would suggest starting a new thread in the appropriate forum - provide the specs on your Apple computer, OS X being used, and the product (brand, model, etc. of the mouse) - then define your problem(s) clearly - hope this helps. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.