Administrator password problem

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just recently decided to dump the old PC and switch to a nice new shiny 27" Imac, Well what can i say But WOW ! should of switched years ago. But, I have rather a worrying problem at the moment. We have four login profiles, 2 children, 2 parents. My password is set as administrator to stop anything being added etc. However, tried to login today but my admin password is being rejected, I'm unable to login to my profile with my password ( using sons login at the moment) it's as if it has been changed.
I,m not a computer wizkid but I'm aware that apples are quite hardy against virusis/trojans etc I'm just worried that some form of keylogger may be lurking someware as I've also had a problem with logging into Itunes(also password related) As far as I'm aware no undesirable websites have been visited and the only extra application installed is Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. Up until now Imac has been absolutly faultless.
Was thinking of carrying out a clean install of snowleopard but admin password is required. Can anyone please advise me on what else to do/look for.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Doubtful its a keylogger.

Many member ask the question about viruses and malware on the Mac and in addition to using the search function at the top of the forum, you'll find almost all your answers here:

Official Antivirus and Firewall FAQ

OP
C
Reaction score
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to FAQ schweb, have searched forum for a similar problem but found nothing yet, will keep on trying.
Thanks again.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Mac Technician, also managed to find same info on apple support web page (should of tried searching more before posting :[ ) , anyway, all sorted now hopefully , thanks for all your help.
Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.