iPhoto won't open

Reaction score
long story short my girl comes over tonight with the iLife 11 disc for me to install on my machine. It was the single install version but I was hoping to do the upgrade, put my account info in and upgrade just the same.

after 2 failed attempts at installing this i just said, i'll reinstall the applications. well that didn't work. so i did a reload of the OS AND download the latest update that came out just a few days ago. iPhoto still will not open and it says must install most current version.

is there any way i can reinstall the old iPhoto or am i stuck with having to upgrade to iLife 11?

thanks.

C

chas_m

Getting your own copy of iLife 11 will cost you $49. Make sure your machine meets the requirements on the box before purchasing or installing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
NO you are not stuck with HAVING to install iLife' 11

I you have the Install disk that came with the machine, then dl Pacifist and use that to extract JUST the iPhoto .app. then let pacifist do its Job ..
Simple. I have actually used Pacifist for this EXACT problem ....

Cheers

C

chas_m

Pacifist is half the cost of him having his own -- legal -- copy. I agree it's an awesome tool (or used to be anyway), but given what the OP wrote in his first post, the real solution is for him to buy his own copy of iLife 11 and upgrade.

OP
S
Reaction score
ran the updater twice on my machine and it resolved the problem... thanks for the feedback.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.