macbook pro vs time capsule

Reaction score
I can't get my macbook pro connecting to my apple time capsule anymore:(

I have 2 mac's succesfully booting up to the internet and my third failed today. Can't connect anymore to the time capsule, either the network.

Don't know how to fix this..

plz help me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 27" 2.66 GHz Intel Core 4Gb Ram|SL|Dual Band 1TB TC|AEX(n)|iPhone 4|iTouch 2G|160GB ATV|MBA
Hi Jannesyl - do you get any error messages on the MBP, or TC?

Is it a wired, or wireless connection?

OP
J
Reaction score
There aren't any error messages.

The MBP should be wireless connected to the TC.
The TC is wired connected with the internet trough an old modem/router.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
When you open airport on your Macbook Pro does it see the network?

If so make sure you have the correct encryption selected (WEP, WPA etc), name and password entered.
If you don't see the network you may have a hardware problem. Regardless, post back with more details.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hey guys

Im a few steps further now :)

What i did to fix the MBP's internet connection.

1. I removed the key (WPA2)
2. Removed Mac-adress access by time
3. restarted everything
4. add'ed a WPA2 again

And this works fine. But if i add a access by time (MAC-adresses) again then it fails again.

So im online now with only one encryption. WPA2... Im not safe enough, can sb help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 27" 2.66 GHz Intel Core 4Gb Ram|SL|Dual Band 1TB TC|AEX(n)|iPhone 4|iTouch 2G|160GB ATV|MBA
You've lost me a bit to be honest!

So, you are back online with WPA2 encryption in place? But, if you apply a time ring-fence to the network you lose connection?

WPA2 should be 'adequate' for protection - it's better than none/WEP/WPA after-all...

If your connection is dropping when you apply a schedule to the wireless, check that both your router and MBP time stamps are synched - simple, but often overlooked...

Also, try registering your MBP with a static route (on the source modem/router) - if you have DHCP enabled (which i guess you have) but do not have a static route applied for your Mac, this could be skewing the settings on the TC = confused.com...

What level of encryption, past WPA2 are you trying to achieve?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.