• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD 3 stops burning!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

D

DruNewp

I've tried several times, but every **** time iDVD3 stops burning during Stage 4: Multiplexing and burning. The estimated time jumps back and forth, then doubles in stage 4!

My movie is about 74 minutes, and idvd takes forever to reach two thirds of the weeay in, before it just stops, ejects the DVD, and still looks as though it's burning...

PLease help!

OP
R

Racing666

sounds like it doesnt like the brand/type of disk your using... i had a similar problem on a PC with Nero...it would get about 85% done burning, then kick the disk out and still act like it was burning.. come to find out, the drive didn't like the brand of DVD+Rs i was using...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Which ones do you usually use, Racing?

OP
D

DruNewp

Racing666 said:
sounds like it doesnt like the brand/type of disk your using... i had a similar problem on a PC with Nero...it would get about 85% done burning, then kick the disk out and still act like it was burning.. come to find out, the drive didn't like the brand of DVD+Rs i was using...

But it's an apple DVD-R!!!

OP
D

DruNewp

Racing, that's the thing - I am using Apple DVD-R's! Not like they're incompatible! I've read different places that iDVD 3 has been known to do this kind of thing, I jst have no idea how to fix it.

Should I just buy new DVD authoring software???

OP
R

Racing666

i use Imation DVD - R's for just about everything...backing up DVD movies, file backup and everything.. maybe you got a bad batch of dvd disks..seen that before too..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.