Internal Transfer Times

Reaction score
Hello all. I work at a printing company and recently some of the people in my department have been updated to snow leopard. 1 person in particular is experiencing longer than normal transfer times from our internal servers to his desktop (several minutes for 1 gb+), when I'm able to transfer the same file in a matter of seconds. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What Mac's? How fast is your connection? How are you connecting to the server using what protocol?

Is this tested by just copying files in Finder or something else?

Regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
1 person in particular is experiencing longer than normal transfer times from our internal servers to his desktop (several minutes for 1 gb+), when I'm able to transfer the same file in a matter of seconds.

Are you 100% sure that this "slower" transfer rate wasn't happening before the 10.6 Snow Leopard update?

It's not unusual for a user to "all of a sudden" have an issue just because they know that something was done to their computer (an OS update in this case)...and thus try to blame the problem/slowness on the update...when the two things really aren't related.

Just had to ask just in case.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.