My version of Boot Camp does not delete Partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.26 Intel Core 2 duo and a Macbook Pro
I printed out the Boot Camp instructions and stupidly tried to install Vista on my MacBook instead of my MacBook Pro. I have a 5 GB partition which I would like to get rid of. I am running Snow Leopard and I am not getting the screen in Boot Camp that allows one to restore the entire disk space to Mac OS. How do I get rid of the partition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laurie

MacBook
Mac OS X Version 10.6.4
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You should be able to open Boot Camp Assistant, click continue or next then the screen should be select Task, with two options 1: Create or remove a Windows partition or 2: Start the Windows installer. select option one then you can remove the partition.

- Simon

OP
Laurie1041
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I promise you that the only screen I get is to partition the drive. I know it sounds crazy, but I saw that screen once the other day and thought I had restored the drive. It went back to Mac-Windows 5 GB. Any other suggestions?

OP
Laurie1041
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to open Boot Camp Assistant, click continue or next then the screen should be select Task, with two options 1: Create or remove a Windows partition or 2: Start the Windows installer. select option one then you can remove the partition.

- Simon

Hi, it pays to read to the end. . . When you say start the Windows installer, are you talking about the install disk?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have to select the option to "create a Windows partition" first before the next option will appear..... "restore". Select restore.

OP
Laurie1041
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have to select the option to "create a Windows partition" first before the next option will appear..... "restore". Select restore.

Hi, thank you for responding. I chose "create a Windows partition" and the next screen said to install Windows.

I am totally flummoxed. I cannot get into the screen where it gives the option to restore. I have a 5 GB Windows partition which I would like to get rid of, but my Boot Camp Assistant is not cooperating. It is only allowing me to partition and install Windows. What is my next step? Thank you very much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. You probably have a messed up partition table and now the BC assistant can't remove the Windows partition. First thing to do now is make a Time Machine backup of your MacIntosh HD.

Next, you'll need to boot the machine with your Snow Leopard DVD and go into Disk Utility. (top menu, Utilities, Disk Utility) Remove the partition by using Disk Utility. Then drag the partition line - MacIntosh HD - until it encompasses the entire drive. Click apply. Reboot.

Let us know if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.