Weird external hdd problem

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i am using windows with bootcamp on my 10.5.8 Mac pro and on windows side i am using macdrive. Today, i opened windows for something and i saw that there were a virus. Since i don't use windows that often, i didn't care about the virus.

But the virus came out pretty strong and messed up my windows. So i said "anyway no problem" and i deleted windows. But while these things were happening, i have an external hard disk connected to windows, which is formatted mac osx journaled. After deleting windows, i opened mac osx and i saw that every file on my external hdd now has *.exe extension.

I think because i used macdrive, the virus somehow infected my osx formatted hdd.

So i hooked up my hard disk to another mac and get a virus scan and cleaned the whole thing. (i scanned and cleaned the hdd on windows side by eset node)

But now, even though all files are in the hdd, i can't access/see them from the hdd icon. I can only access them by typing some file name in spotlight that is inside of the hdd. I tried repairing the disk but the process stucked.

I don't know what should i do. I don't have system disc with me right now.

Sorry for my English, i am not a native speaker.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.