iPhone SMS,contacts and photo back up question

Reaction score
I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Any help or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Thanks in advance.

When you backup via itunes it should save everything on your phone (unless there are certain features you have disabled)

If you lose your phone/information simply restore from the backup on the new phone and it will put everything back on it.

Check out Phonecopy from efractals. Its a nice free app for backing up your phone contacts to an external website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums

As clive12 says backing up will take everything from your phone and create a back-up on your computer that you can then restore to later if needed.
If however you mean that you want to take your pics, sms and contacts off to use with something else, well...
When plugging your iphone into your computer iphoto or other photo software should open so you can get all the pictures you've taken with the iphone and place them onto your computer.
There is free software for copying your contacts and SMSs onto your computer, just google it.
Hope this helps.

- Simon

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved. What does this thread have to do with Windows? Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 13" Mid-2014 i5 256gb SSD 8gb Ram, iPad Mini 2 32gb
What kind of computer do you have?
<---Please include your computer specs in your profile.

Contacts and Pictures:

For Mac, set iTunes to sync your contacts with Contacts. iPhoto should automatically be coming up for your pictures, you will just have to tell it to import them.

For PC (Windows 7), set iTunes to sync your contacts with Windows contacts. When you plug your phone in, a screen should come up for Autoplay. There is an option on there to import your pictures. Go hear for more info: Transfer iPhone pictures to PC

SMS

SMS messages are automatically backed up when you sync your phone with iTunes. It is a matter of being able to read it. I would go here: How to access and read your SMS iPhone backup.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Any help or advice would be greatly received
Thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate thread. Don't copy and paste someone else's thread and start a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.