Same Quicktime on Multiple Pages in an iWeb site?

Reaction score
hi there!
i'm building a fairly extensive site with iweb, and i'm having a question. i'm trying to put a quicktime movie on multiple pages in my site. i was hoping that when it was publishing that the Media folder would only put one copy of the QT in there, but it's not always doing that. on a few QTs it's making copies and adding numbers to the file name. is there a way of making this NOT happen?
it doesn't seem like it's doing it to every QT i add to multiple pages, and i didn't do anything different building those pages, so i'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it sometimes and all the time.

thoughts? thanks!!
liz :eek:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I gave up using quicktime on my site a long time ago. It's wonky and takes way too long to load. Use youtube or vimeo for faster streaming and that way there won't be any files on your site.

OP
B
Reaction score
that's a little difficult. we're a tv production company and the quality of video you get from youtube or vimeo isn't good enough. i've kept the size down, that's not the problem. none of my videos are over 20 mb.

any other thoughts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.