Word 2008 Save Location

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm a recent Windows to Mac switcher, and so far I love it. However, I have a few issues that I have not been able to figure out. The most important / most annoying has to do with saving files in word 2008. I'm very OCD when it comes to file & folder organization on my computer. I have lots of sub folders in my "Documents" folder on my HDD. Yet, when I go to file "save as" I only have "My Documents" and recent folders as options for where to save; on windows, I could choose any folder on my computer. I know if I go to preferences, I can change the default save location, but that doesn't solve the issue. Is there anyway I can choose any folder any time I want to save, or at least any folder in my documents folder?
Thanks for any help,
The Newbie

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
1. The drop down menu at the top. You can use this to navigate to different places on your computer.

2. You can also do this with the side bar on the left.

3. After you move to different places it shows you what files and folders you have there. Just click on a folder within this area and save.

OP
C
Reaction score
1. The drop down menu at the top. You can use this to navigate to different places on your computer.

2. You can also do this with the side bar on the left.

3. After you move to different places it shows you what files and folders you have there. Just click on a folder within this area and save.

Ah, beautiful. The drop down arrow next to my file name. I figured since I could not select it from the "where" drop down arrow that there was an option I needed to enable. Thanks so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.