Entourage Sync Error

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, so i realize i am a newbie, but i am running into an issue with a users entourage account, and could use some guidance.

The entourage will not send/receive emails, and the amount of time it says it will take flucuates between 10-20min. We had an exchange certificate error company wide on our exchange server that wiped out alot of the blackberrys, android phones, etc. and this one users entourage. There are other mac users in the company that do not have any issues. We fixed the certificate error on the exchange server by generating a new one, and then ultimately turning ssl off.

I am going to check to make sure the scheduling includes the entourage account in question (the user is in mkt and "cannot be pulled away" from their desk) when they are in a meeting...

If the scheduling checks out ok, i will probably delete the account and re-create it, and so finally my question IS...if i delete the user account, and then recreate it with the exact same info, will i lose any of the data? i am guessing that is what the entourage "database" is...will the database "sync up" so to speak, and restore all the users emails, etc. the way it was?

A side note is that a few weeks ago i got the database crash error, and had to rebuild the database, it worked fine and i havent heard any issues, could this also be related somehow?

Thanks for any advice or knowledge that can be laid upon a recreational mac user trying to be a corporate mac support guy lol...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.