display colors "reversed" - how to fix?

Reaction score
I have a new pro mac and after I set it up it worked fine, but after awhile all of the colors on the screen are reversed, in a negative form. All of my black and white images are now negatives, and all the color images are reversed.
I have gone through ALL of the preferences and there is nothing that will change this.
I also do not have an OS disk. There was not any in the box with the Mac. I know all computers now come with OS installed, but don't they give you the OS disk too? How are you supposed to re-imstall the OS of you have to, or boot from a disk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Press and hold the CONTROL + OPTION + COMMAND keys simultaneously, then press the 8 key...

OP
P
Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I thought that I was going to have to re-install my OS.
THANK YOU

While I am at it,,, is there a site or anything that tells
you what all these kind of key shortcuts do?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I thought that I was going to have to re-install my OS.
THANK YOU

Thanks for replying that the suggestion from "baggss" worked!:) Many times if the original poster doesn't reply back...we don't know if the suggestions we make solved the problem.

Congrats,:)

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the link... That will help a LOT.

If I had much of any knowledge of this stuff to share I wouldn't be asking question here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Thanks for the link... That will help a LOT.

If I had much of any knowledge of this stuff to share I wouldn't be asking question here.

All good. Learnt a lot on here.... way more than I knew about Macs before I joined.
Even if not here searching for help, always good to browse through the threads to see some of the useful information and tips that so many different Mac users give.
Many of us here, even the most accomplished users/Mac gurus, still learn something new every now and then :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Press and hold the CONTROL + OPTION + COMMAND keys simultaneously, then press the 8 key...

Exactly! But, that's kind of like catching the fish, scaling it, and putting it into the frying pan.

OP, let me tell you how to catch your own fish. That shortcut is for (OS 10.5.8, just as a qualifier) the following:
System Preferences > Universal Access >> Display
(black on white vs. white on black)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.