need advice on ipad screen protection

Reaction score
I was adviced by an apple employee that I shouldn't get the ipad cover protector. He said it's because it has codine on it, meaning it is scratch proof and smear proof. What say you guys?

If I was to get it, what type of protect should i get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
All I know is my iPad screen accidentally got scratched and I have no idea how. I'm always MORE than careful with it, so it isn't hard to do. I would recommend Ghost Armor. My wife and I have it on our iPhones. Great protection, great warranty and totally un-noticable. You can get just the screen covered or the entire iPad/iPhone.

OP
K
Reaction score
All I know is my iPad screen accidentally got scratched and I have no idea how. I'm always MORE than careful with it, so it isn't hard to do. I would recommend Ghost Armor. My wife and I have it on our iPhones. Great protection, great warranty and totally un-noticable. You can get just the screen covered or the entire iPad/iPhone.

I see.. I gotta get protection asap then. ghost armor? is it easy to put it on?
thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have no protection on my iPad and haven't scratched it yet. I do have the Apple iPad case that I carry it around in when I'm not using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see.. I gotta get protection asap then. ghost armor? is it easy to put it on?
thx

Well, I've tried Zagg's Invisble Shield screen protectors in the past for my iPods and other phones. It never turned out quite right. This time I just paid for the installation. I went to the Mall by my house and the guys at the Ghost Armor kiosk did it for me in about 15/20 minutes. I think the labor was around $15 USD. But it looks great and there's a 7 day guarantee that you can bring it back for any reason and have them re-do it free of charge until you're completely satisfied. I had to do this the next day because somehow a tiny piece of lint got under the cover and was barely visible but I knew it would bother me over time. They took the old one off and put a new one on in no time at all. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with having someone else (a Pro) do it. Because it kind of reminds me of the many times I attempted to install window tint on my automobiles. It never seems to turn out the same way as when done by professionals. Yeah, you pay for the labor but it's well worth it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I was adviced by an apple employee that I shouldn't get the ipad cover protector. He said it's because it has codine on it, meaning it is scratch proof and smear proof. What say you guys?

If I was to get it, what type of protect should i get?
Take a nail and drag it across the screen then take your iPad back to the store where the salesperson told you the screen was "scratch proof" and see what happens! You will quickly find out that the warranty on your iPad is that it will be free from defects for 1 year, but it does not cover what I call "The Big Four" :

1) Abuse
2) Misuse
3) Neglect
4) Acts of Nature (this used to be called "Acts of God")

Under normal use and with a reasonable degree of care, the touchscreen should hold up quite well.

OTOH, I use a Zagg Invisible Shield (that I managed to do a decent job of installing) and their product does carry a guarantee against scratches and comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.

OP
K
Reaction score
arite..so i bought it and installed it myself last night.
I don't it was all that good..sort of sprayed too much on screen and ipad...is it too late to get best buy guys to install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Where the heck do you find a professional outfit to put on a screen protector? I know there's not one in my area(Jackson, MS). I put a Steinheil screen saver on my IPhone and ruined at least 3 trying to to the job.

OP
K
Reaction score
Where the heck do you find a professional outfit to put on a screen protector? I know there's not one in my area(Jackson, MS). I put a Steinheil screen saver on my IPhone and ruined at least 3 trying to to the job.

is there best buy there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

...I went to the Mall by my house and the guys at the Ghost Armor kiosk did it for me in about 15/20 minutes.

Check out your local mall, or as koban4max suggested, your nearest Best Buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

If you buy one at the Apple store a Genius will put it on for you. And they have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. I had one installed on my iPhone and decided I didn't like it a week later. My finger dragged instead of gliding across it. I scraped it off and took the remains back to the store along with my receipt. They took it back without a hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have never used a screen protector on my iPad and I have no intentions to do so. I have been very careful with mine, I find the Apple flip case is enough to protect the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Just use cleaning solution..

Don't use iPad screen protectors...they are too difficult & not worth the $$!! Trust me- just buy some iClean or similar screen cleaning solution. The iPad's screen is pretty much scratch-proof.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
If you buy one at the Apple store a Genius will put it on for you. And they have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. I had one installed on my iPhone and decided I didn't like it a week later. My finger dragged instead of gliding across it. I scraped it off and took the remains back to the store along with my receipt. They took it back without a hassle.
Apple no longer carries a screen saver for the Ipad, so you can't get one of the geniuses to put it on. My husband could get a screen saver for his 3gs, but they don't carry them for the 4(at least that's what I was told).

We do have a Best Buy in the area. Thanks for the suggestion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Apple no longer carries a screen saver for the Ipad, so you can't get one of the geniuses to put it on. My husband could get a screen saver for his 3gs, but they don't carry them for the 4(at least that's what I was told).

We do have a Best Buy in the area. Thanks for the suggestion

They do an anti glare film

Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4 - Apple Store (UK)

Which would also protect the screen. They werent selling any cases or screen protectors whilst the free case program was running though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I wonder why apple wouldn't carry screen protector anymore.

They stopped selling cases and all related screen products in the UK whilst they had the free case program running for the Iphone 4. They only restocked once the free case program had finished.

I suppose it was to stop people buying an Iphone 4 case and then complaining that they didnt know they could get a free one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.