need advice on ipad screen protection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
You still can't buy one for the iPad. Jobs said you didn't need one and he didn't want to carry them. Bad idea IMHO

C

chas_m

Having observed my friend's iPad in the hands of innumerable friends, co-workers, children and babies, I have to tell you that apart from a good wipe down every now and again, I really don't see the need for a screen protector. My friend's iPad has taken a TOTAL beating and still looks brand new. The iPad is a pretty tough product by all reports.

I totally see the need for a CASE, but not really so much a screen protector except for cosmetic or paranoid reasons.

OP
K
Reaction score
Having observed my friend's iPad in the hands of innumerable friends, co-workers, children and babies, I have to tell you that apart from a good wipe down every now and again, I really don't see the need for a screen protector. My friend's iPad has taken a TOTAL beating and still looks brand new. The iPad is a pretty tough product by all reports.

I totally see the need for a CASE, but not really so much a screen protector except for cosmetic or paranoid reasons.

one of poster said he got his ipad scratched...without knowing why.

Reaction score
screen protector

I have Zagg's Invisible Shield on my iphone (tricky to manipulate) and just the front cover on my ipad (much easier to apply). Sensitivity is still great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
one of poster said he got his ipad scratched...without knowing why.

Yeah, that was me and I SWEAR I treat my iPad with the greatest care. But somehow there is a 2" or 3" scratch on my screen. My wife isn't always so conscious of her surroundings and actions, so that's my guess as to how it could have happened. It isn't a very noticeable scratch but in certain lighting and from just the right angles, it will catch your eye. I suppose if you are the only one who handles it and you don't let anything other than your fingers to come in contact with it, you'll be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.