• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

FCE 4 on Macbook Air 11 or 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
First off, I understand the Macbook Pro is by far a better option for HD/SD video editing using Final Cut/Final Cut Express, however I just want to know how well it would run on an Air and if anyone has tried it on his or her Air (and what model). I'm strongly considering buying one due to its ultra-portable form factor, but I occasionally do some more advanced video editing than just iMovie-type stuff. I searched and cannot find any specs or a video of it running on the web and have only found one forum in which a few people claim it runs smoothly. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks :).

I also found a video of the 11" model running Left 4 Dead 2 at a very smooth FPS, is video editing really more intense than 3D games?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.