App installed without knowledge?

Reaction score
I've just come to use my iPhone 4 to find that an App - McDonalds Restaurant Finder - has been installed without me doing so. I updated a few Apps earlier but haven't touched the phone since, and it hasn't been in anyone else's hands either. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

C

chas_m

Well, one bit of good news ... at least we now know the Burger King hasn't been lurking at your place ...

But seriously: apps REQUIRE your iTunes password to be installed, so the answer is it HAS been in someone else's hands, or you installed it by accident, or you were sleepwalking/drunk/hypnotised.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It was probably
1) installed on your computer and when you synced your iPhone all apps were synced, so it was added without your realizing it

2) downloaded on some other iOS device, then synced with your computer which added it to the computer, then added to your iPhone without realizing it when you synced it

Those are my guesses...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You can get the app from the wireless net at the actual McDonalds, but like chas m says it still requires your iTunes account password

- Simon

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the response on this. I'm perplexed as to how this was installed. I haven't synced to my Mac for a while and I know I didn't install it. Very strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
But seriously: apps REQUIRE your iTunes password to be installed....
Unless you install another app within a short time after installing another one, like within 15 minutes or so. So the last time you were at Mickey D's, did you install an app, leave your iPhone on the table while you refilled your soda or got more catsup for your fries???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.