Dock Problem :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac - 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo 2, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM, 10.6.7
On 10.5.8, on my iMac (see specs in profile) My dock seemed to relaunch randomly, maby every 20 minutes to an hour. I was just wondering why this happened so frequently. Also if I find that I need rollback my operating system for any reason.

Thanks in advance

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well its a application (according to the Core Services folder) so it literally relaunches like typing the killall Dock command into terminal

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
well its a application (according to the Core Services folder) so it literally relaunches like typing the killall Dock command into terminal

I've NEVER had this happen. If you know how to use "terminal" are you sure you haven't been messing around...and maybe "tweaked" something so it's not working properly?;)

Or do you have a bunch of applications that auto-load on startup...and maybe you're experiencing some sort of application conflict?

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No. I didn't have any applications open on startup. Oh well. Ill just hope that I dont need to revert back to 10.5.8. Thanks for your help.

Will

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Try moving both of these from user/library/preferences to your desktop.

com.apple.dock.db
com.apple.dock.plst

Then reboot and repair disk permissions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you customized your dock (icons, style, etc)? If so, undo those changes and see if the issue continues. Do you see any weird error messages concerning your dock if you open up Console (/Applications/Utilities)?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, ill try all your steps above.

It shouldnt matter too much as im not really using that system anymore.

So please could a admin lock this as everyones posts here have helped and ive sort of sorted the problem

Thanks

Will

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.