Is this where I ask about a Magic Mouse issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Apologies all round if this is the wrong place but I have a query about using the Magic Mouse. I bought it on eBay along with a matching keyboard and I am delighted with it. The only snag is that it came with no instructions. No biggie except that I am used to a Logitech 5 button mouse which gives the user the ability to "Go back" a page or "Go forward" a page. That is much more user friendly that having to move the mouse pointer from wherever it may be up to the top left of the screen to click the "Back a Page" icon found there.
What I'm asking really is, is there some way to make the mouse do a "Go back a page" thing by clicking a particular part of the mouse?
Cheers for any info, even if only any alternatives to clicking that button at top left.
Stevie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
Go to system preferences>mouse>then check "swipe to navigate"
This way you can swipe two fingers across the top of the mouse to go forward/back in your browser.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, zach. I'll try that now and see what happens.
Back in a jiffy.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm back.
The "swipe to navigate" box was already ticked when I got there so the problem was a dumb user who didn't know about "swiping" rather than a system malfunction. lol
Many thanks

C

chas_m

To me, "swiping" means "stealing." So yes, even I wrestle with the terminology sometimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.