Patch for language on Autocad for mac...

Reaction score
Hi everybody :).. I'm an italian mac user and i have a problem :Shouting: .. I've installed on my iMac Autocad for mac 2011, and obviously it's in english ( italian it isn't supported e it never will not arrive for this version uff :( ).. But i want Autocad in italian :D, how I can change only the menu language???
The autocad language file are here: application/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD/Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources/English.lproj..
I think it's possible, because in the past i've found a patch for another mac program for change the language (from english to italian).. Thx very much for the help.. Bye

Schermata 2010-11-07 a 20.33.03.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
What you are talking about doing is adding a localization.

I believe what people used to do is duplicate the English.lproj folder (or one they understood), rename to their language, and then open it in Interface Builder which is part of the developer tools. The new XIB files apparently do not allow this, but your list only showed NIB files which is what Interface Build could alter in a released application.

I found a tool that might help, iLocalize.

This article might help you understand what to look for.

Also note the file name convention as noted here.

I'm sure there are many blog entries on this subject and Apple surely has information in their developer area. You can create a free account to access their documentation by going to Mac Dev Center - Apple Developer

OP
T
Reaction score
oh thank you very much, you save me hihih, really .. Now i try what you do :)... And i've created the account at Mac Centre, and i'm downloading the developers tools :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The path you are on is expensive. Say you manage to create an Italian localization. Your work may be made obsolete by an upgrade by the software vendor that affects NIB files.

The first thing to determine is to find out if the NIB files of interest are compiled. Your listing looks like folders, so I think you'll be able to open the NIB files in Interface Builder (IB). To know for sure, you have to install IB, navigate to a NIB, right click to open in IB.

If the NIB is compiled, a new feature since OS X 10.6, upon trying to open the file in IB, you'll get the following error: 'The document "IMServiceError.nib" could not be opened. Interface Builder cannot open compiled nibs.'.

The first two messages in this Apple thread pretty much states the compiled NIB problem. If you have what is needed, then this YouTube video seems to explain a work around.

As you can see, this is getting ugly fast. You might be better off contacting the software vendor and volunteering to do an Italian localization. That way you could arrange to get the needed NIB and string files and not use work arounds.

A programmer would start at this Apple page titled "Internationalization and Localization". In your case you are interested in the Mac OS X section.

Via a Google search where I entered the words, localize nib file, I found this Apple document regarding localizing using Interface Builder. With more work you may find some blogs or other notes about the right way to go about this.

I even found this Italian developer who does developer videos on YouTube. His channel is XCodeIalia.

OP
T
Reaction score
The path you are on is expensive. Say you manage to create an Italian localization. Your work may be made obsolete by an upgrade by the software vendor that affects NIB files.

The first thing to determine is to find out if the NIB files of interest are compiled. Your listing looks like folders, so I think you'll be able to open the NIB files in Interface Builder (IB). To know for sure, you have to install IB, navigate to a NIB, right click to open in IB.

If the NIB is compiled, a new feature since OS X 10.6, upon trying to open the file in IB, you'll get the following error: 'The document "IMServiceError.nib" could not be opened. Interface Builder cannot open compiled nibs.'.

The first two messages in this Apple thread pretty much states the compiled NIB problem. If you have what is needed, then this YouTube video seems to explain a work around.

As you can see, this is getting ugly fast. You might be better off contacting the software vendor and volunteering to do an Italian localization. That way you could arrange to get the needed NIB and string files and not use work arounds.

A programmer would start at this Apple page titled "Internationalization and Localization". In your case you are interested in the Mac OS X section.

Via a Google search where I entered the words, localize nib file, I found this Apple document regarding localizing using Interface Builder. With more work you may find some blogs or other notes about the right way to go about this.

I even found this Italian developer who does developer videos on YouTube. His channel is XCodeIalia.

waooooo!!!! :D:D.. THANK YOU VARY MUCH :).. I LOVE U AHAHAH.. really you save me.. But maybe you can find a discussion (also in english :) ) with the job to do??? I have read the apple dev and i have understood the job what i will do, but not how :).. Can u do this last help..

Thanks 10000000000 :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I come across anything that applies I'll try to remember this thread. I'd say tough that you are on you own now.

Good luck with the adventure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.