Re-Imaging Problem

Reaction score
So I am trying to re-install the os to fix some of the bugs and to make my macbook pro feel like new again. When the disc is in and it boots from the CD, it was all distorted (as in attached image). But when I boot into the hardware tests and let it load to my desktop, everything is normal. Any suggestions or tips?

2010-11-08_21-06-55_718.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Are you booting to the original media that came with the laptop? Have you installed third party RAM?

Be sure the media is the Apple supplied restore DVD's. Remove any third party RAM installed afterwards.

Also, remove the power cord and battery and hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Reseat battery and power cord and try again.

OP
C
Reaction score
Reformatting Problem

So I am trying to re-install the os to fix some of the bugs and to make my macbook pro feel like new again. When the disc is in and it boots from the CD, it was all distorted (as in attached image). But when I boot into the hardware tests and let it load to my desktop, everything is normal. Any suggestions or tips?

OP
C
Reaction score
I know, I completely forgot about it and I didn't think anyone would see when I finally replied to it. I am embarrassed O:) Still.... any suggestions, it is driving me insane! (I tried hold the power button without the battery and there is no 3rd party ramm)

OP
C
Reaction score
I have the original discs and no third party ram. I tried to reset the battery/cord and still happening. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.