Macbook pro CRASH..HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

While running Dead Rising 2(pirated) in Windows 7(pirate) through bootcamp, my mac crashes. Goes to a black screen, sound stutters or stops, but the computer(hard drive, graphics, or w/e) is still running, you can hear it. I'm then forced to hard boot(hold down the power button till it turns off). I ran tests on my hardware and everything is passing.

So...any ideas on what the issue is?? It has also happened when playing Starcraft 2 for mac, which is a real purchased copy. HELP!

Here are my specs

Macbook Pro 15in

Core i7
2.66 GHz
512 MB NVIDIA Graphics
4 GB Ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Probably because it's a pirated version.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would suggest reformatting the hard drive, reinstalling the OS, and stay away from the pirated software!!!

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hey guys,

While running Dead Rising 2(pirated) in Windows 7(pirate) through bootcamp, my mac crashes. Goes to a black screen, sound stutters or stops, but the computer(hard drive, graphics, or w/e) is still running, you can hear it. I'm then forced to hard boot(hold down the power button till it turns off). I ran tests on my hardware and everything is passing.

So...any ideas on what the issue is?? It has also happened when playing Starcraft 2 for mac, which is a real purchased copy. HELP!

Here are my specs

Macbook Pro 15in

Core i7
2.66 GHz
512 MB NVIDIA Graphics
4 GB Ram

I would suggest reformatting the hard drive, reinstalling the OS, and stay away from the pirated software!!!

- Nick

That's a good suggestion right there.

And since you'll receive no help with your pirated software here, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.