Good RAM Manufacturers

U

UncSki1218

I'm looking to buy 2gb (2x1gb) ram...im deciding between three manufacturers...corsair, rosewill and pqi....which is the best/or most reliable for my imac?

OP
B

badmojo

The ones I heard the best things about are Corsair, Crucial, or Kingston. I've used Rosewill and Crucial, with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
mynameis said:
All those brands name are good, I wouldn't hesitate to buy if the price was right.

Anybody I should stay away from....I mean the prices are all over the place....I'm about to buy some memory but don't want to get junk.

Reaction score
Abdiel said:
Anybody I should stay away from....I mean the prices are all over the place....I'm about to buy some memory but don't want to get junk.

Of the brands you mentioned, they all will work fine with the Mac. I tend to be a Corsair man myself as i have used their stuff for years, but Crucial has a good rep too. Of the bunch, the Rosewell will probably be the cheapest as they are a rebranded Pqi stuff, but it is up to you to choose which one you use and as i believe they all offer a lifetime warrantie you really couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I reccomend Kensington and PQI. They both work fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
My schools computer shop sends people to this website, they are pretty cheap. I put 2 gig in the Mac I just purchased and it works fine (so far, only had it a week).

www.datamem.com

Immediately to the right when you go there is a quick link to their MAC memory

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.