Anyone use an iOS device as an alarm?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I read these articles a couple days ago and a few in the past about the iOS alarm clock bug:

Attention US iPhone users: use a standby alarm clock for now

iOS Daylight Saving Time bug hits Europe (and the US too?)

If you are not familiar with the bug, basically when the time switches between Daylight Saving and Standard Time, your iOS device alarm clock would not adjust to the set time. Thus, if you set your alarm to wake up the next morning, you'll find yourself waking up early or late.

I didn't I realized how many people actually rely on their iOS devices for an alarm clock.

Do you depend on your iOS device for an alarm? Did you experience the bug? Would you still trust an iOS device as an alarm clock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
I use my 3gs as an alarm clock. Today was the first day it was set to go off since the time change. Went off an hour late. When I checked it it said the right time. I'm just going to delete that alarm and set a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I set a new test alarm this morning and it worked correctly. From what I read, iPhone users just need to do as "Fodge" did and delete your old alarm and create a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I use mine every day, but I've never used the repeat feature. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to set my alarm every night, even if that is just toggling the switch on the screen to "on". Just gives me assurance that it it's ready to go off in the morning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have always used mine.
Have know about this bug for quite a while as well.
Doing the Daylight saving thing back in September :( But as the articles say there is a work around until  bring out a update ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.