How to order new OS X install discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Late 2011 2.2ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 128GB OCZ-VERTEX4 SSD, 500GB SATA HD
Hi

I have a Black Macbook 2.4ghz (2008) and I have recently checked my HD via Disk Utility and it is telling me the repair it using the install disc.

Anyway to cut a long story short... my disc is scratched and doesn't load.
I need to order some new discs, but I dont know where to order them from?

Should I just call Apple or is there a site I can order them from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Your safest bet is to call Apple. There is usually a replacement fee.

There is eBay but the disks for your computer are specific and I've seen several people complain about getting the wrong disks from eBay because the website said one thing and the disk said another.

OP
Stuerror
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Late 2011 2.2ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 128GB OCZ-VERTEX4 SSD, 500GB SATA HD
yeah I know they are specific and I have had the eBay problem before myself so wont bother doing that again.

Turns out though my Snow Leopard Upgrade disc does the samething so its all repaired now :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac6,3 PowerPC G4 OS X 10.4 160 Gb HD 1GB SDRAM PC2700
yeah I know they are specific and I have had the eBay problem before myself so wont bother doing that again.

Turns out though my Snow Leopard Upgrade disc does the samething so its all repaired now :)

Cheers

You can call Apple care tech support at 1-800-275-2273 they charge $16.00 plus tax to send out a new disk. Make sure you have your serial number handy. I just ordered mine today, the customer service for Apple is the best! Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.