Frustrated, Need tips for Macbook Battery, HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi friends :)
( Before i start, i have a 2010 Macbook Pro 13", 2.66GHz 4GB ram 320GB HD )

Okay, so i've been getting all this different information, and i'm really confused.

Question/Frustration 1: So let me get this straight; the less cycles on a macbook battery, the longer it'll last for? BUT it's also recommended not to leave your macbook plugged into the wall after its fully charged? EVEN THOUGH if you dont leave it plugged in, it'll create many more cycles?

ARGH. Sorry guys, but i'm getting frustrated! I want a straight and honest answer. I've also downloaded coconut battery. i've had the macbook for 2 month, i've had 34 cycles, while some of my friends have had same time as me, and only have 7 cycles!

So, whats the real answer? Plug it in to wall? Or not to?

Question/Frustration 2: Also, is it possible to get my macbook pro battery replaced? are my macbook battery replaceable? And if i get it replaced, will it cause damage/marks to my macbook?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! Sorry for all the questions! But i'm a new mac owner, and i need to get these questions solved, correctly! ;D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The real answer is to stop sweating it and use your Mac the way you want to use it. Batteries are consumables. The overall cost of them when spread out over the period of time you use them is so little as to be insignificant.

Read the Apple page on the care and maintenance of your battery. After you've read that page, then head for the 'About Notebook Batteries' page - just keep those facts in mind and try to remember to calibrate it on occasion.

After you've read it, have it somewhat clear in your mind what Apple is recommending:

Let it go, have fun, enjoy your new Mac!!!!

All batteries are not created equal.
When the battery life gets to be too short to suit you, it's time to get another.
Have my 3rd battery on the way for my 4 yr old MBP treating it pretty much the way Apple recommends.
Meanwhile, my wife is still on her first battery in her 4 yr old machine that is plugged into power 100% of the time unless I borrow it, has been calibrated exactly 1 time in 4 years and the health indicates better than new capacity.
Have read other posts of users with 7,8,9 hundred cycles on 3+ yr old batteries that are still going strong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Adding to that, as much as it pretty much covers it.... You cannot overcharge the battery, as it stops charging once it is fully charged.
Also, stay away from coconut battery, and while we are at it, SMC FanControl, as they will both do your head, just as much as they have many a many posters here and on most forums.

Would you pay such attention to your car's battery or fans?
(Yes, that was a rhetorical question).

As that Godly figure above stated,
stop sweating it and use your Mac the way you want to use it
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.