iDVD isn't showing up when started

S

slickman9696

I'm so confused and frustrated with my Mac right now. I had to re-install my iDVD program. Did so with my original installation disc, and it appeared that everything went fine. I edited a movie in iMovie, and when I was done selecting the chapter menues, hit create iDVD project. It renders all the clips and then starts the iDVD program. When it starts it makes that noise like I clicked something wrong (or like when you trying to type something when there's no way or place to type anything). Anyways, after that sound is made, the little black arrow is underneith the iDVD icon on the finder, and it appears on the bar across the top of the screen, all the menu selections that is. There's the apple on the upper left, then in bold next to it it says iDVD. So I know the program started. Here's the problem: nothing else comes up. There's no window that opens up; basically I cannot edit the dvd menues or anything, that's all that happens. I don't know what going wrong. Can anyone out there help me (and thanks for reading all I wrote)

Charlie

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
From your description it appears that iMovie is starting the iDVD application. I tend to create my movie using iMovie. Then I run the iDVD application and import my iMovie video into iDVD. With that said, under the file menu can you do either a new project or open an existing project?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try trashing the iDVD plist file.

It's in your home folder under Home>Library>Preferences
(Or spotlight it: enter iDVD.plist in spotlight and then hit backspace to delete it).

Then start iDVD directly and see if it'll start up that way.

OP
S

slickman9696

Well, even when I start iDVD by itself, it still doesn't open right. I even deleted that plist file and it's still not working. Everything appears like it should work, but the editing window doesn't open and there's nothing I can do to make it open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Ok,

can your computer support IDVD?

You need at least 733 mhz and a DVD burner

Good luck!

OP
S

slickman9696

lol, of course my comp can. I've made probably 8 dvds with it already. Just if you read the top there, I had to reload it in, and since then it hasn't worked properly. No window opens, there is no editing window at all. I don't even know who to ask and the closet mac store is really far away. Any help would be awesome!

Charlie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
U could try the apple support forums.

They probally know more about IDVD then we do. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.