• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gonna be a Dad!!

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
lol I think she'd go for Maxwell before Maximus :p But she doesn't seem too into either :p and I got a "It's going to be a girl anyway!" response :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
lol I think she'd go for Maxwell before Maximus :p But she doesn't seem too into either :p and I got a "It's going to be a girl anyway!" response :D

Don't be too sure. They thought that my little brother was going to be a girl too, even up until the baby shower. He was wearing pink the first 4 months of his life! ;D

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
Awww, poor guy! :p She seems pretty sure that it will be a girl (Don't ask me why!) But personally I don't care as long as it's a happy healthy baby :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Hey that's the spirit! :D I'm sure it will be. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Don't be too sure. They thought that my little brother was going to be a girl too, even up until the baby shower. He was wearing pink the first 4 months of his life! ;D

How did that happen? >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Congrats!! You should name him Maximus, with his nick-name being Max:) LOl...jk.
You should go one further an name him Max Power just like how Homer Simpson did. Homer got the name from a hair blow drier power label. I'm sure your wife will really like that idea. It's a good name for both a boy or a girl. ;)

How did that happen? >_>"
Apparently nobody changed his diapers for 4 months. :D

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
lol I loved that episode of the Simpsons! But I think even that will be a tough one with her :p Happy wife = Happy life!

Awww, I feel sorry for your brother! lol :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
.. She has the funnest "Are you serious?" look :p
Get use to that. ;)

Fwiw, There will be many decisions for you both to make during the pregnancy. I'm guessing you will both (especially your wife) read a lot of books on the subject. Take it from me, much of what these so-called experts write (in books or manuals), will not happen for you or the baby.

As for the babies sex, we didn't make the decision to learn the sex until just prior to going in for the ultrasound which will reveal the babies sex. IIRC, for us that was around week 27? One obvious benefit to knowing the babies sex makes nursery decisions much easier! :D

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
Ohhh, I have seen it many times in the last 4 years we've been together (We got married a year ago this coming weekend) But something tells me I'll be getting it much more often now :p

Oh I can only imagine! Some of it kinda scares me! But most of it I am looking forward to very much! We've been putting the iMac to work all day looking stuff up (she is definitely the type to hit the books! ) Yeah, I bet it's much like lots of other "manuals" and "how to's" maybe that's how it is expected to work, but things seldom go as "expected" with anything, surely children are like that multiplied by a million :p

Oh we definitely want to learn the sex! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Belated grats!

Dad of a 3 year old, here!

Euphoria for the next 9 or 10 months, then for a day or so in the hospital. Then the panic will set in that you will no longer be sleeping for the next several months. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Pictures, or this whole "pregnancy" thing didn't happen! :eek: ;D Just joshin, we can wait 9 months to see it...

Congratulations good sir! Whether it's a boy or girl matters not. You'll love him/her either way and equally so. Good luck with the new handful!

As a (still learning) photographer, I always suggest to new parents to be, that they think about doing maternity portraits and then newborn and on to family portraits. Maternity shots aren't for everybody, but when done tastefully, are really beautiful and a wonderful memory to cherish. The mom's always love the idea.

Again, awesome and congrats dad !

Doug

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
Belated grats!

Dad of a 3 year old, here!

Euphoria for the next 9 or 10 months, then for a day or so in the hospital. Then the panic will set in that you will no longer be sleeping for the next several months. lol

Thanks a lot! :)

lol I can only imagine :) So far, the last few nights have had very little sleep involved... She just can't stop talking about it! I tell her to sleep all she can now, save something to talk about on the sleepless nights to come!

Pictures, or this whole "pregnancy" thing didn't happen! :eek: ;D Just joshin, we can wait 9 months to see it...

Congratulations good sir! Whether it's a boy or girl matters not. You'll love him/her either way and equally so. Good luck with the new handful!

As a (still learning) photographer, I always suggest to new parents to be, that they think about doing maternity portraits and then newborn and on to family portraits. Maternity shots aren't for everybody, but when done tastefully, are really beautiful and a wonderful memory to cherish. The mom's always love the idea.

Again, awesome and congrats dad !

Doug

I'll definitely be showing him/her off! :) And thanks for the congrats! And the good luck wishes!

She has definitely expressed interest in maternity portraits all the way through. She's really enjoying every part of this so far, and I am too! And since we're barely along, I can only imagine what's to come. But we're certainly checking into that!

Thanks a lot! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Belated Congrats.
As mentioned, get your rest now while you still can, even if it means going to the car, and sleeping in there if she keeps you awake talking about it :)
Also, don't name your child Kane..... Even to this day at 38yo, I still get the odd "Kane, are you able?" line slung at me :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.